Living Stones Historic Preservation is an ecumenical group that supports preservation and encourages use of historic religious structures in Lafayette, Indiana.
Meet our member churches
Trinity United Methodist Church
Trinity United Methodist Church has been a part of Lafayette since 1824 when initial meetings were held in a log cabin. 2019 marks the 150th anniversary of the current sanctuary, and it was that year, 1869, that the church was officially given the name Trinity. Trinity’s building is home to many beautiful architectural features including stained glass windows by world renowned, local artist Edna Browning Ruby. Numerous upgrades, remodeling and building projects have happened at the church since then to further Trinity’s vision of growing in love and service through relationships with God and community.
Learn more about Trinity at www.trinitylafayette.org
For more information about space rentals, including our industrial kitchen, newly renovated GREAT Room, and fellowship halls, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Christian Church
First Christian Church is a historic congregation in Lafayette, IN. Organized in 1839 by the traveling evangelist Rev. John O’Kane, the church was situated at various other locations before finally settling at the corner of 6th and North Streets. Throughout the years, First Christian has been an important part of the Lafayette community, leading people to the love of Jesus through education, music, and witness. Today the church finds itself in a period of discernment as they try to find where God is leading them. First Christian Church continues to serve Lafayette with a strong music program, a passion for service, and a desire to follow Jesus in all things.
For information about space rentals, email email@example.com
Central Presbyterian Church
Central Presbyterian Church traces its history to 1828, shortly after the founding of the city of Lafayette. Built in 1895, the historic Richardsonian Romanesque building on the corner of Seventh and Columbus is considered one of the outstanding architectural structures in the Ellsworth District of Lafayette. Throughout its history, Central has provided both funding and congregation members to begin other churches in the Greater Lafayette area, and ahs supported or started numerous community ministries. Today, Central continues to restore and renovate its building to continue to serve the congregation and community.
Learn more at https://www.centralpreschurch.org/history-of-our-church